Collecting your Personal Information
If you are a client of Nouveau Hosting & Web Design or have been provided with a quote for a product or service from Nouveau Hosting & Web Design, we will collect and hold your personal information for the purposes of:
- providing you with relevant products or services (this includes the production of quotes to best suit our products and services to your needs )
- effective management and administration of the products and services supplied to you,
- protecting you against fraud in regards to our products or services.
Nouveau Hosting & Web Design may also collect your personal information for the purpose of informing you about our other products or services, promotions or issues affecting any of our services to you (network issues, hardware upgrades, server status). The information we may collect from you can include your name, date of birth, postal, home or business addreses, your email address, home, bunsiness or mobile phone numbers or any other information that we may think is necessary to provide you a quality product and cusomter service.
This information may be collected when you complete an application for a product, service or quote, when you register an account, submit a support ticket or contact us through any of our websites, send us an email or speak to us over the telephone or in person. Nouveau Hosting & Web Design may also collect your personal information from third party public sources. This can include for example, ABN, ACN or State Business Number details for the purposes of ".com.au" domain registrations.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Nouveau Hosting & Web Design may disclose your personal information for the following reasons or circumstances:
- the provision, administration and management of a product or service obtained from Nouveau Hosting & Web Design through a third party supplier (eg: domain registration or transfer).
- the maintanence, reviewing and development of our information systems, operating procedures and any other infrastructure including our computer systems for testing or upgrading purposes.
- the use of payment systems such as PayPal or other merchant services.
- as required or authorised by law (eg: the prevention or detection of unlawful or criminal activities).
We may also disclose and use your personal information to inform you about our other products and services that we believe may be of benefit or service to you or think you may be interested in. If you no longer wish to be contacted regarding our other products and sevrices, you can request to receive notifications through the contact details at the bottom of this page.
Nouveau Hosting & Web Design also aims to ensure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is complete, accurate and as up-to-date as possible. If for any reason you believe your personal information is not accurate or up to date, please contact us through the contact details at the bottom of this page or simply login to your account through the My Account area to update your details.
Security and Protection of your Personal Information
Nouveau Hosting & Web Design generally stores your information in an electronic format, however some forms of hardcopy (paper) records are maintained. The security and protection of your personal information is extremely important to us. We take many steps to protect and shield it from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification and even disclosure. Some of the methods in which we do this are:
- security controls for access to computer systems
- conducting confidential discussions in a private and discreet manner
- signing client confidentiality agreements if requested
- requesting appropriate identifiable information from the individual requesting access to personal information
- use of SSL security certificates to provide a secure connection on sensetive pages
Access to your Personal Information
Nouveau Hosting & Web Design will allow you to access your own personal information. This is as usual subject to some exceptions (law enforcement or allowed by other laws). Issues which may affect a right to access include:
- access would have the ability to pose a serious threat to the life, health or wellbeing of any individual
- access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others
- access would prejudice law enforcement activities relating to criminal activities and other breaches of law
- access to information may relate to a commercially sensitive process
- access to the information would be unlawful
- a frivolous or vexatious request
- denying access is required or authorised by law or under law
If for any reason that we deny access, we will provide you a reason for doing so.
Your Sensitive Information
Without your consent Nouveau Hosting & Web Design will not collect information about you that reveals your religious or philosophical beliefs or affiliations, your racial or ethnic origin, your political opinions, membership of a professional or trade association or membership of a trade union, details of your health, any disability, your sexual orientation or if you have a criminal record. This is as usual subject to some exceptions including:
- the collection of information is required or authorised by law
- where then the information is required or neccessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim or action.
Resolving your Privacy Issues